29 March 2007

A Difference in Colouration Between Two Structures Normally Alike in Colour

That is, heterochromia (usually referring to the eye or iris).

Which, as it happens (by no coincidence at all), is the name of the comic for which I may now present some concept art. But first, an explanation of the story:
Some time ago (between ten and eighteen years prior to the story), an alien race called the Satekae came to Earth seeking its natural resources. The resident humans of the time, however, naturally objected to Satekae taking control of their resources. The conflict elevated to an all-out war. The great majority of humans were killed, but a limited number were taken as workers by the Satekae. For some time after, the humans were to severely oppressed that much of their knowledge and culture were lost. Now, however, the shock of enslavement is wearing off, and with it, the instinct to become free grows. Panima heads plans for rebellion against the Satekae, her methods favoring violence and vengeance over preservation of what is left of mankind. When Tamino, a man from the "superpower" government (in a similar way as the United States of America are considered a "superpower") of the galaxy shows up, however, Pan finds herself switching tactics, instead trying to gain his favor so that he will convince others from his government to order humans' freedom. What a long-winded explanation. But, I haven't written anything in a while... Give me a break.

Anyway, the concept art I'm posting is actually a merger of many different drawings into one-- That's why some are far lighter than others, and the sizes might seem kind of odd.


Sorry about the watermark, but I don't want my lovely artwork stolen ^_^ (The font for that is called "Lazy Dog" by the way)

From left to right then down, the characters pictured are Pan(ima), Tilamere, and Tamino. Unfortunately, none of the drawings are completely finished-- Pan doesn't have a shirt or mouth, Tilamere doesn't have a body (though to be honest, I think I'm going to leave that one as a bust), and Tamino doesn't have eyes. Ah well. The name of the story is in reference to Pan's eyes: due to an illness she contracted from contact with the Satekae, she has central heterochromia in both eyes, so the centers are brown while the outside of the iris is green (of course, the colors cross over each other in flecks)

... I absolutely adore Tilamere. She makes me wish I didn't have to torture my characters...
But I do.

In other news, I've gotten into hand-writing letters lately. I just wrote my friend a six-page letter (some of which discussed Heterochromia). It feels kind of nice, though I know that when I talk to her on the phone I have to avoid talking about those things until she's received the letter XD But that's not so bad. Plus, I've always really loved receiving mail. I pseudo-secretly hope that people will hand-write me back. It's a treat.

No comments: